‘You are what you eat’ the old saying goes and how can we be anything else? If you eat biscuits and drink tea all day, that’s what you are giving your body to work with, and you are far more likely to crumble!
Digestion begins in the mouth, where if you chew properly the complex chains of nutrients are broken down to an acceptable level for the stomach to cope with. The Chinese say ‘drink your food and eat your drink’ in other words chew your food until it is liquid and chew your liquid as food. If we do not chew our food sufficiently and/or we do not have the correct balance of H.C.L. and enzymes in our stomachs, everything will stay in the stomach longer and not get to the small intestine in the correct broken down state.
So then the small intestine struggles harder to deal with its job of breaking foods down into single molecules to be readily absorbed by the body. If the food is not efficiently broken down into a state of chyme then the body will not be able to fully absorb all the nutrients even if they have been eaten. Then the food which has not been digested properly passes through the Ileo-Caecal Valve into the Large intestine where the body struggles to squeeze sufficient water out of the waste. The colon then has problems getting matter up, along and down its pipes to eliminate well in good easy motions.
All this uses up heaps of energy therefore if you feel tired/sleepy after a meal you may now know a reason why. Long term bad digestion can cause other systems to develop problems and one can incur serious health conditions if ignored.
1. Chewing is as important as what we are consuming. The other main issue is most people do not have the correct balance of H.C.L. and Enzymes in their stomach. This is due to many factors:-
2. Stress causes digestion to slow right down, therefore it is best not to eat when upset, rushed, angry, fearful etc. as it will only be a further stress to the body.
3. Lack of trace minerals inhibits the body to making the right balance of H.C.L and enzymes, therefore it is a good idea to eat organic food and supplement with a good colloidal mineral. Our food used to be abundant with absorbable minerals for us to maintain good digestion.
4. Age, as we get older out stomach digestive juices decrease, a good theory is that we just do not need to be eating as much. Most people carry on eating as much or even more as they get older, then maybe suffer from indigestion/ ‘heartburn’ and take ant-acids. Unfortunately too little stomach acid and too much have similar symptoms. When we do not have enough the body pushes what little it has to the top to attempt to digest the food better, hence the acid coming up the oesophagus and people thinking they have excess, ant-acids may relieve symptoms although make the situation worse . Good solutions are, eat a predominantly organic diet, if you are stressed – wait to eat, supplement with colloidal minerals and take the digestive aid that is right for you.
5. Going into a health food shop or ordering supplements from lists because they are known to be good for this and that is a lucky dip with the odds stacked against you to find the right one for you. I have many many supplements to test for people, for example at least eight different formulas of digestive aid and they all test out regularly for different people with exactly the same symptoms. We are all as different on the inside as the outside and our requirements are also very different. This explains why one person is greatly helped by something and they tell their friend with the same symptoms and the friend has no benefit whatsoever – this is because we are bio chemically individual – one does not suit all. Kinesiology offers this unique service to reveal what your body needs to put it back into balance.
There are many other factors including, posture, breathing, sitting down to eat, clothing, exercise, sleep/rest, good fibre (not bran). All these factors/stressors can be tested and helped with Kinesiology.
If all the stress of digesting your food is taken away – think how more much energy your body will have for you to enjoy!
Working with Authentic Systematic Kinesiology to find the root of the problem.
Claire E. Muller. Dip.A.S.K.