As we are about to enter a time when we give and receive presents to loved ones it made me think about what we give and receive energetically within Kinesiology.
As practitioners, we give out a lot of our energy with each treatment. We may not always acknowledge this, so I thought it would be helpful to name the ways in which we give.
Do you recognise how much you give?
- Thoughts – Thoughts are energy and we are 100% concentrating on our clients wants and needs. In a session (and often outside of sessions) we are thinking of muscles and techniques to test that may be a priority to fix, to help people with their problems. We then need to think out of the box if what we initially thought doesn’t test out.
- Knowledge – We are drawing on all that we have learned, sharing our knowledge and experience with our clients. We use our knowledge to find the right nutrition, words, exercises and techniques etc and then use our skill to explain why this will support/help them regain balance.
- Education – We educate our clients in holistic health and offer beneficial lifestyle changes which are often as important as the treatment.
- Physically – We can give out a lot of physical energy during a whole session, with all the tests, rubbing the lymphatics, structural corrections and so on.
- Energetically – Mindfully holding the MEI points which are transferring and balancing energy around our client’s body and acting as ‘jump lead’ so to speak. Helping your client understand themselves and work through their emotions with all the amazing techniques that electrically allow new pathways for realisations, thought patterns and behaviours. Running and flushing meridians to refresh and unblock their energy.
Understanding just what we are giving to our clients is important
Firstly, it reminds us how powerful kinesiology is and the enormity of what we able to achieve. It may also remind us that we have given their body the tools for the job to heal and that is a big job for us and our body and minds!
When we love to give and help people we can forget about ourselves.
We need to remember to receive on a regular basis. So book that kinesiology treatment for yourself. Make sure you book that massage, do a swap with a friend who works in another health modality and make it a priority to receive in this way at the very least once or twice a month.
Happy Holidays! Oh, and don’t forget to buy yourself a holistic present 🎁 💝.