Spring always reminds me of new life and fertility. According to the NHS around 1 in 7 couples may have difficulty conceiving. The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) reports that, in the U.K., 25 percent of infertility is unexplained, (Reuters)
Over the past few years, there has been an increasing number of couples presenting in my clinic asking ‘Can Kinesiology help with infertility’?
Infertility is distressing, especially if no cause is found. For some, the longing to have a baby is so great that they turn to expensive alternatives like IVF treatment. This, however, is not always successful. According to NHS choices in 2010, the percentage of IVF treatments that resulted in a live birth was:
32.2% for women under 35
27.7% for women aged 35 to 37
20.8% for women aged 38 to 39
13.6% for women aged 40 to 42
5% for women aged 43 to 44
1.9% for women aged over 44
Fertility rates have become low for many reasons including; a poor diet leading to lack of vital nutrients, the contraceptive pill/implant/marina coil, stress, chemical endocrine (hormonal) disruptors that are used everywhere including in perfume, food additives and cleaning products.
There is no doubt that modern life gives us benefits, however, it also brings new pressures and stresses, some we are conscious of, but many we are not, and they could be contributing to infertility.
There are many changes you can make to improve fertility
A lot of my clients have felt helpless and hopeless about not being able to conceive (or keep a pregnancy) until they start to understand that there is a lot that they can change to improve their fertility. The biggest success with turning infertility around is achieved when clients stick with Kinesiology. This includes taking the required nutrition and adhering to the lifestyle advice gained through muscle testing.
6 ways to improve infertility
All suggestions are for both partners (apart from 5).
- Follow the blood group diet.
- Drink 2 litres of water a day.
- Cut out all forms of refined sugar. Fruits that are suitable for your blood group are good to eat.
- Take the correct form of Zinc, trace minerals, omega 3 and B vitamins. (All need to be tested by a Kinesiologist as the strength and brands will not suit all and some will do nothing) Zinc for the quality of eggs and for the sperm tails to help them swim stronger and faster. Trace minerals are the catalyst for many bodily functions to happen. Omega 3 to help soften the eggs (allowing them to be more permeable) and strengthen the sperm. B vitamins to adapt and reduce the stress cycle within the body.
- For the female, there is a hormone shake to balance the female hormones and the whole reproductive system to regain balance.
- Get tested and balanced with a Kinesiologist
As we can see there are a lot of things that we can easily put into place to make big changes within our bodies.
Fertility case studies
A lovely lady came to see me who had severe hyperthyroidism and was on serious medication. She had not used contraception for 12 years in the hope of becoming pregnant. The Doctors told her she would not be able to have a baby. After balancing her body for around 8 months with the above suggestions her thyroid condition improved and she became pregnant. She now has a beautiful 6-week old little girl. (I did not see her partner although he took the suggested nutrition).
A lady with severe endometriosis was told by doctors she needed a hysterectomy. With support from kinesiology, she fully recovered and went on to have 2 lovely children. And finally, a lovely couple had been trying to conceive for 4 years (no diagnosed reason for infertility). With regular sessions, it took 4 months to become pregnant and they now have a lovely bouncing boy.
Kinesiology has the tools to empower people to take charge of their health, change their lives and maybe help create a new life too. This is one of the most rewarding parts of my job as a Kinesiologist and why I love training others to become Kinesiologists too,